why blog?

Because there are a lot of things that they don't tell you when they get you all excited about this motherhood gig. Because tomorrow very well could be another long day of explosive poo and unexplained crying. Because it's so hard to admit that there are days that go by where the word "shower" doesn't even enter your head. Because you DO get tired of watching the sunrise. Because the heavenly choir doesn't really show up to bathe you in glorious streams and sing "Alelujah!" as you breastfeed. Because dozing off while your little darling is latched onto your boob may very well result in waking up with a painful hickey on the soft underbelly of said boob.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my new status for anything. There's just some things that need to be said that I couldn't possibly go to my mother with. Because, when it comes right down to it, I will lie like a dog to convince her that motherhood comes naturally to me. Still interested? Well, then read on. But consider yourself warned... just because this is out there for all the world to see doesn't mean I have to make sense. And I probably won't. At least not in writing... you really need to hear it in my new supersonic pitched mommy voice. And to see the cute way I scrunch up my hasn't-seen-makeup-in-days face when I say it. Oh, and then there's the wriggling of the fingers... always the wriggling of the fingers. Hey, it keeps the baby happy!


.

1 comment:

Lora said...

boob hickies? no one told me about that!