decked

Well, I wanted to use footage from the Panasonic Palmcorder that we finally came to terms with needing, but as of yet I can't figure out how to transfer the movies from it to the computer. Sigh. Which wouldn't be a huge deal except that we FINALLY got our act together and were prepared before one of Little Guy's "firsts"... no restaging or coaxing needed. In our shiny new video camera lives the most wonderful footage we could have taken -- Little Guy's initial reaction to the newly decorated and lit Christmas tree. It's breathtaking. It's all you could possibly imagine. The wide-eyed wonder, the somewhat timid approach, the irrestible urge to reach out and touch it, the grin of unparalleled delight when no one tells him "no". It's all there, better than I could have ever designed and I have no way of sharing it.

Quite simply, WTF, Panasonic? What were your engineers thinking? That somehow the cuteness of the mini-discs would distract us from the fact that we can't DO ANYTHING with our films? Or that the snugness of the handstrap would help us forget that our precious memories are TRAPPED IN THAT DAMN CAMERA? Never fear, we will find a way. Mr. Panasonic may have to visit us in person, but the footage will be shared. Just not now. For this post we will return to the imagry of our safe and reliable (albeit only 30 seconds of recording time) Canon Powershot.

Take your motion sickness pills and buckle up! There's no image stabilization on these videos:


What the well dressed staircase is wearing this year...


The rest of the way up...(to the kitchen. Okay, so we live in a treehouse.)



And now for the still shots:


On the banister


Across the living room


By the chimney with care...


Oh, Christmas tree! Oh, Christmas tree...




Reserved for Santa


Dazzled yet?


.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Stairs, stairs and more stairs! Looks marveouls darling!

Amy Jo said...

Everything looks fantastic!

I can imagine someone who has never been to your house before thinking 'Jesus gay! More steps? How does she do it?'

We are currently debating (read: arguing) over whether to get a real tree or none at all. Steve is all about not getting a tree this year because he is the Grinch and hates Christmas. Did I mention he is a bit of a downer sometimes? Bah humbug to him.

Susan said...

Maybe Steve needs one of these...

Lora said...

I love your ornaments. My tree is bare because I'm looking for shatterproof balls (bulbs? it gets me every time) that don't look chintzy

susan said...

Lora, I got the ornaments at Target... they fit the "unbreakable catergory (plastic balls wrapped in shiny thread). As for chintzy... let's just say I'm not entering any tree decorating contests. They bounce when little hands pull them off the tree and throw them to the floor... and that's a look EVERY mom can love:)!

wggeis said...

Susan, I never knew you had a ginormous doll house. My mom has one too. Used to take up a large portion of my living room when I was a kid.