a meme with a holiday theme

Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Mmmm, hot chocolate.
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
No extra work for Santa! The wrapped presents were always from friends or family.
Colorful lights on tree/house or white?
Growing up it was always colorful lights. I've gone back and forth since it's been all up to me. Last year we got a pre-lit tree that only has white lights, so I guess that'll be it for a while. Big Guy makes the decisions on how the outside is decorated.
Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I'm not sure why.
When do you put your decorations up?
As soon after Thanksgiving as I can get to it!
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ann's squash casserole
Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Sledding on the West Road (hey sibs, can you believe the changes in the farm?!) until our fingers were so cold that they hurt when we finally came in to warm them by the fire.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I really don't know, but I'll bet I know who.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Growing up we didn't. Big Guy's family always opened one gift from a family member. We've gone back and forth on that tradition... guess we've got some holiday decisions to make before Little Guy catches on that we don't know what we're doing!
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
A little differently every year. Stay tuned for this year's endeavor*...
Snow! Love it or leave it?
LOVE IT!!!!
Can you ice skate?
Does it count if I'm on my butt 90% of the time?
Do you remember your favorite gift?
My "Christina" doll.
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pumpkin pie
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Decorating the tree and checking out the lights around town.
What tops your tree?
Poor Santa*... :)
(well I guess the story is about the angel, but I still think of it every year when I decorate the tree!)

Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
That's a toss-up!
What is your favorite Christmas song?
Winter Wonderland
Candy Canes! Yuck or yum?
YUMMMMMY!
Christmas tree real or fake?
I used to be a real-tree snob, but who wants to carry a real tree up all those stairs*?!
What is your favorite holiday movie?
A Christmas Story
What are you most thankful for this Christmas season?
The sparkle in Little Guy's eyes when he saw the tree the first time!*
* To be illustrated in an upcoming post...


.

No comments: