too much (clap clap) time on my hands

I know you're all dying to know what happened in the finale of the "Saga 'o Wax". Wait for it....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Okay, it's not all that exciting. Using all the ideas that Mom and my sister came up with (except for the whole "mayonnaise in the hair" thing. Ew, Mom. Seriously? Ew.), I dewaxed the boy's head. No scissors or trimmers needed. Want the play-by-play?

The following was formerly found on another site that I created but a year and a half and only 2 posts later, I decided it was time to take it down. But the info is still worthwhile. So, you're welcome, anyone out there who just poured wax on their kid's head and is now wondering what the hell you're going to do to get it out.

First I used a fine tooth comb to remove as much wax as possible. Then, using a hair dryer on the lowest heat setting, I melted the remaining wax. As the wax melted, I continued to comb it out of the hair, blotting frequently with paper towel to absorb as much as possible. Next, I rubbed a generous amount of olive oil into the effected area (I used about 2 tablespoons on my 18-month old's entire head) and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Finally, I washed his hair thoroughly (three times!).

His hair was really shiny and a bit tacky the next day after following the above steps, but there was no evidence of wax, residue, or olive oil after his bath the following night.
Back to the original post...

But the real reason for this post is to fill your precious time with drivel that you couldn't have possibly known you needed to know before reading about it here! The Curmudgeon tagged me with a meme in which I am supposed to:

1. Go to Pop Culture Madness;
2. Pick the year you turned 18;
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year;
4. Write something about how the songs affected you; and
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends.

So without further ado, I present to you the top hits of 1994 (per PCM). Oh, and I tag Jacq, Val, Lora, Amy, and Lenka. 'rah, I'd tag you, but you've still got two in the queue...



Life changing? Nah. Boyz II Men still hold court in my heart, but the rest are just painful reminders of those awkward times best forgotten. Ah, high school.


.

4 comments:

Lora said...

music was the pits in 1994. I promise I'll write all about it sometime in the next 72 hours!

The Curmudgeon said...

How creative to link to the You Tube videos on all these -- necessary in my case for me to have the first clue about any of the songs.

Well, maybe not "Hero." I'd heard that somewhere.

And Celine Dion has her own theatre in Vegas? Because of dirges like this?

And I think I've heard of Boyz II Men -- but neither of these seemed familiar.

And R. Kelly is a Chicago guy -- and one of these days his long-pending criminal case will finally come up for trial.

I admit: I didn't view all of the videos -- but I sampled liberally.

Thanks for playing along.

Amy Jo said...

Um, is it weird that I was singing 'I Swear' this afternoon? It was the prom song that year at my school. Maybe we have some kind of cosmic thing going on Susan!

susan said...

Lora, you're so right. The thought "This is the music of our generation? How embarrassing" kept running through my head! Can't wait to see your take on it, though!

Curmy, do you think they could add some criminal charges against the brilliant entrepreneur who decided to build Celine's theatre to the R. Kelly case? Two birds with one stone and all that...

Amy, ahhh, prom songs. 'Tis the season, I suppose. End of the Road was the slow dance of choice at junior prom. For the life of me I can't remember what was popular senior year!