stuff about me that you never knew you needed to know

Thanks, Lora!

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Since we're still operating under ITSAATWB 2007 conditions 'round here, I've plenty of time for the business of memeing...
  1. I celebrated my 29th birthday in Tarangire National Park after having summited Mt. Kilimanjaro the day before.
  2. I used to insist that my middle name was pronounced "ear-ane-aye" so that it wouldn't sound so old-lady-crocheting-doilies-ish. 5 points to the person who figures the real spelling out from THAT amalgamation of letters. 5 more points to the person who knew what "amalgamation" meant without having to look it up. Siblings forfeit all rights to points because, seriously, if you guys don't know this stuff? Shame, shame.
  3. Despite the recurrent ingrown toenails, I simply can't bring myself to cut my toenails straight across. And yet? Each time I feel the pain that is an ingrown toenail? I wonder "Why does this keep happening?" Quick! Define insanity again.
  4. Just about quarterly I get the urge to rearrange all the furniture in the house. I usually wind up frustrated that I can't get here from here and put everything back the way it was after about 2 hours of the adjust-ever-so-slightly-to-the-left-just-a- nudge-to-the-right routine. BG usually has enough sense not to raise his eyebrows when I tell him how busy I've been all day. He always has the sense to duck after he asks that question.
  5. I simply cannot let the little volume number on any piece of audio equipment rest on a number that isn't a multiple of 5. Have I mentioned anywhere on this blog that I might have some OCD issues?
  6. Every month I take a little time for a visit from the ghosts of "Things I wish I hadn't done in the past and the people whose lives were quite possibly ruined FOREVER by my thoughtless actions." I lie awake at night trying to come up with an action plan for righting my wrongs, only to discard it because it's just too much like that 8th step and dammit, how do you explain to someone you pissed off in 19-freaking-forever-ago that although you appear to be following the AA program, you really aren't an alcoholic? And wasn't that what high school was all about, anyways? Pissing people off and getting pissed on by other pissers? Let's just say that that week is a long week for all of us.
  7. I waver back and forth between being naive and paranoid.
  8. My wedding ring is comprised of BG's grandmother's replacement engagement ring (her original was stolen) and two sapphires that BG chose all by himself at a jewelry show. Also? He had to get the permission from every surviving member of his grandmother's family before he could choose the ring as his inheritance from her estate.

And that's that. My taggees are: Val, Lenka, Jacq, and 'rah. Lora got Amy already and Curmy is embroiled in a debate on the pastime of meme tagging or I'd tag them as well. Which still leaves me a couple shy. Any takers?


.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I have the same problem with my toenails, and I've come to terms with the fact that it will never be any different.

And I think that Susan Uranium is a beautiful name.