so that was a downer. this is better.

I've been in one of those "Nobody likes me, guess I'll go eat worms" funks as of late. Perhaps you noticed. But then, while catching up on my Google Reader, I discovered that the the one and only Amy, the Mistress of Cheese, had awarded me this:

and suddenly things got a lot brighter. And then (then!), Lora, Cool Girl Extrordinare, sent me a little linky love with this:




Yes, I know it's the same thing. This is my blog. I'll post what I want, so there.

Amy, Lora,
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

One of my favorite people in the whole wide world told me just after I found out that I was pregnant with LG that as a mommy I would find amazing women with whom I would build friendships that would know no boundaries. That our differences would fade in the light of our similarities and that they would become my most important community. That I would turn to them with my happiness and my fears; that they would both hold me up and keep me grounded. She was right. Amy, Lora, Val -- [insert schmaltz here and know that I mean it with all of my heart!]

*sniff*

Now to fulfill my duly sworn Miss "I Got This Fabulous Button" duties. Here are my choices for blogs you should be reading if you're not already. (Technically, I'm supposed to pass the award on to ten others. Just in case you're one of those rule-follower types. In which case, I love you.

Amy over at Cheese Party, who first introduced me to the concept of the blog and was willing to meet me IRL for long walks around the park even though I was the size of a gestating hippo and she was still in that "oh, aren't you the most adorable little preggo" stage. Come to think of it, she managed to stay that way all the way to the end. You know, one of those people that you might hate if she weren't so damn incredible!

Lora, at Jakezilla, the hippest cool-girl mama. Ever. When she wrote (about me)"And I think her brain is a lot like my brain so it makes me feel better when I read her very telling posts about sanity.", I totally had a little orgasm.

Val, who listens to all my whining while navigating ridiculous traffic, and has never, ever, ever fed me a line of bull just because she knew that I wanted to hear it.

Jenn, of Breed 'em and Weep, who I've been reading since I found out about that people actually posted their innermost thoughts and dreams and tidbits of their daily lives on the Internet. The grace and style with which she handles this crazy little thing called life is nothing short of spectacular. And although I still don't get the whole obsession with Iceland, I would totally hose down my back yard and let it freeze over if she wanted me to.

Anne Nahm, whose use of the written word is beyond phenomenal. It hurts just a little to know that she isn't really Anne. Like she's afraid that if I knew her real name I'd start stalking her or something. I totally would.

Crystal over at Boobs, Injuries, & Dr. Pepper, who makes me straighten my shoulders and pull myself together whenever I start thinking that my life is just too hard. I didn't know it was possible to laugh and cry with my whole heart with someone I'd never met until I began reading her blog.

Jolene, creator of the Fails Files, whose example of what it is to be a friend and mother I want most to emulate. Plus, she's got the whole "most amazing kids in the whole wide world" thing going for her. Trust me, if you are so lucky as to spend a weekend with this crew, you're going to want to run away from home to go live with them.

The Curmudgeon over at Second Effort, who always makes me think. Sometimes because I simply don't understand his references... Sorry I've slacked off in the commenting department, Curmy. You know I'm still a faithful follower of all things SE.

Y at Joy Unexpected because she tells it like it is and doesn't hold back. And because the video she has of her daughter singing her numbers operatically is better than anything American Idol has to offer.

Mary of It's Not All Mary Poppins. I secretly want to kidnap her and make her come live at my house for a week a la Supernanny and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Except I'm a little afraid she'll file me under "earnest mommy" and then my heart would be broken.

I'd link to my sisters (this one, this one, and yes, this one, too), except they're not really into the whole "posting on a regular basis" thing. So I guess we all have that in common, too.

And then there's that mystery person at Purdue that keeps popping up on my site-meter. You have no idea how much it thrills me to think that there may be someone out there who reads what I have to say on a regular basis who doesn't even know me! Whoever you are, a great big blog hug to you. You make me feel like a real writer.

Okay. I've shown you mine. Now you show me yours.


.

5 comments:

Lora said...

I'm really kinda a loser, but thank you for saying I was cool!

Big East Coast Love to you and the boys

Lenka said...

OK, so I was getting all scrunched up and ready to get my feelings hurt, but you came through as always!! And in my defense, I may not BLOG regularly, but when I do... Ok, so that may not be the best defense. Oh well, Just know that you are on the TOP of my list of blogs (right along with "the Queen")that MUST be read . I only wish I had as many blog friends as you do... think I'll go eat some worms...

Keep blogging. I think the good Dr. can only provide so much therapy and this could be the missing link. I know it's therapy for me!! LOVE YOU SISTA!! Kiss bubby for me!!

The Curmudgeon said...

What a nice award.

Thanks.

annenahm said...

OMG - I love you too! Bloglines just let me know you wrote 3 things. Damn you, bloglines! On to read what I missed.

Jenn @ breed 'em and weep said...

Oh, you are a DEAR. Bless you. I won't even ask you to freeze your backyard. But you could come to Iceland with me. (For the record, I too have no idea why Iceland beckons and whistles its siren call to me. I am helpless to resist.)

Thank you so.

xoxo