this post brought to you by the letters k & y

I have an uncanny knack for reaching for the exact same item at the exact same time as a fellow shopper. Grocery store, shoe shop, you name it. If you happen to be on the same aisle as me, chances are good that I'm going to make a grab for "your" box of Easy-Mac. Usually I'll make light of the situation, quip something along the lines of "smart and good-looking" or "hey, that's my favorite, too" and then give the other person the right-of-way. Even if it means they get the very last box.

However.

There is no such thing as light-hearted small talk over a shared preference when the product in question is of an, ahem, intimate and personal nature. Thankfully, the shelves were well stocked and I correctly identified his target before our hands intersected. Making him cry in front of his wife and kid would have just been awkward for all of us.


.

2 comments:

Lenka said...

HE and I have this theory that if we were standing over a pile of dung, someone would come stand in our back pockets just to see what it was and THEN ask to stir it.

... and WHY is it ALWAYS a GUY? Condoms, Tampons, Monistat... it doesn't matter, it's always a guy who seems to be standing RIGHT THERE!!

Jacqueline said...

which reminds me of a weird and creepy conversation with mom and dad, while trapped in a car going 75 mph down the interstate.