a retelling

You will know it is time to turn the page when you hear the chime ring like this * .

Oh, you mean it's just me that hears a chime ring whenever I see an * ? Somehow I'm not all that surprised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mommy? I'm gonna read you a story now. Which book do you want?
  • Umm, how about the yellow one?
You hafta say the one in the middle. Mommy? Which book do you want?
  • But I like the box one.
No. That's not the one. You say the one in the middle. Now, which book do ya want?
  • Hmmm. How about the one in the middle?
Yep, that's the one!
(Picks up book. "Reads" front cover.)
*
*
Remember? And he doesn't find his mother?
*
And the baby bird popped out when it broked.
*
*
*
And, Mommy? That cow is going to EAT THAT BIRD so he'd better get outta there!
*
Now, that's much better.
*
Mmmm, hmmm.
*
And the garbage truck scooped him up in his scooper
*
and put him right back in but not the garbage.
*
The end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First person to correctly identify the story gets a gold star.


.

7 comments:

Lora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lora said...

are you my mother for the win!

susan said...

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!! Personally, I like this gold star, but I'm not clever enough to turn it into a "You're A Winner" button.

Amy Jo said...

Damn Lora and her quickness! I totally knew that one!

Daisy said...

I'm late but I knew this one too!! That's a pretty condensed version of that story that goes on for quite a while!! In English, Are You My Mother and in Spanish...Eres tu mi Mama? Do I get extra points?

susan said...

Extra points, for sure! I should probably point out that the version of the book he was reading was the already-condensed board book of 10 pages or less, not the full blown epic. Even still, he did skip a few pages!

Jacqueline said...

How about German: Bist du meine Mutter?

Or, in proper German: Sind sie meine Mutter?


:-) Points? please?