squeee!

Lora tagged me and then (AND THEN!) gifted me with a fabulous new button which I posted here for your viewing pleasure (once I was sufficiently done squealing with delight and reflecting that the 2,500 mile buffer between us might be for the best since my first inclination upon seeing her post was to run down the street and tongue-kiss her. That might have made future interactions, how do you say, awkward.). Is it not a thing of beauty?



Now to the (timely) meme. (Timely because I am running on about 3 hours of sleep and only have about 20 minutes of boy free time in which to post because HE is running on 3 hours of sleep and therefore NOT going to daycare today.)

First the rules:

1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog. Replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, and add one more question of your own.

2. Tag other people.

Now the questions:

What are you wearing today? My finisher's T from the half marathon, a pair of (tacky khaki) shorts from Kohl's, and flip-flops from Target. So basically, my entire outfit costs less than a mocha chocolata yaya latte with whipped cream from Starblahs. Let's not even get into a discussion about all the style I lack. My haircut is current, if that helps.

What's for dinner? Helldamnfart, I have to start cooking again. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond ecstatic that Josh is home again, but the whole "feed the boy chickennuggetsandgreenbeans and eat whatever I want (read: Pirate's Booty and a Snickers bar) after he goes to bed" routine? Definitely a perk of pseudo-single parenting.

What would you eat for your last meal? I read this as "what did you eat for your last meal?" and started to answer "a bowl of cheerios, some strawberries, and a gallon of coffee". And then I started to say that the coffee would stay on the menu for the original question, but now I'm thinking maybe not. If it's my last meal, coffee seems kinda unnecessary. Steak maybe? And potatoes of some sort? Hey, wait -- can I just choose to forgo the meal and go spend some quality time with an extra fluffy pillow and goose-down mattress?

What relaxes you most? Having the top of my head rubbed. Seriously, my whole body shuts down and my eyes glaze over. I probably drool, too.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would it be? Only an hour? That's hardly worth all the prep and planning that would go into weighing the various options. The bathroom without anyone joining me/pounding on the door/the phone ringing would be in the running. Of course, if I had to stay in there for the full hour, I'd have to rethink that.

What language do you want to learn? Several come to mind. Any that would help with the translation of 3.5 year-old-eese into the King's English would be a good place to start. Suggestions?

What do you love most about where you currently live? That Josh's commute is ridiculously short.

What style is your current home decorated in? Decorated? Hah! Style? *snort* The "formal" dining room is decorated to reflect our southwestern childhoods; the kitchen dining room is supposed to look like a diner. Our room is of the classic Cave/FakeAsian genre. The rest of the house has sort of similar things clumped together to keep the rooms from echoing. I keep saying I'm going to do more. Maybe in the next house.

If you were a time traveler what era would you live in? Naptime

What is your favorite color? Green or yellow. Browns and oranges - especially the really tacky 70's versions - have been catching my eye lately.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? My (mislabeled) extra-small waffley-weave sweater from Old Navy. The one that I've worn so often in the last three years that the zipper pull wore out. I am always secretly hoping that it will be just a little cool out so that I can wear it. It's soft, cuddly, and it makes me feel skinny when I see that XS on the tag, even though I know it's wrong.

What were you doing ten years ago? Repainting something in our first house. Getting ready to start classes that would actually count towards something at SacState.

What are you going to do after this? Do some "schoolwork" with the boy, then get ready for swim lessons. Don't be a hater. You could have a life as glamorous as mine if you'd try harder.

What are your favorite films? I'm going to skip this question. First of all, I'd hardly classify the few things we've watched in the theater as "films". And, my attention span doesn't extend to watching intelligent, thought-provoking, mind-expanding works at home. Burn Notice doesn't count, right? Well, it's technically ON film...

What are your favorite books? Anything by Piers Anthony. Especially his Xanth series. I've been reading and rereading those since I was 12. You know how all your neighbors and coworkers were wailing and gnashing their teeth in mourning devastated when Michael Jackson died? That's about 1/7 how I will react when he's moved on to the great ink blotter in the sky.

Do you collect anything? Nope. I used to until people started helping me out with my collections and then it got all messy and emotional because what they thought I collected wasn't exactly what I collected but I felt like I had to put it all out on display when they came to visit but I couldn't remember who gave me what and so it all had to stay out all the time and suddenly I couldn't remember why I kept any of it around unless it was to have something to spend an hour dusting and rearranging to make that shelf not seem so cluttery every Tuesday.

I might have several of a similar item now, but let me stress that I AM NOT COLLECTING THOSE.

What makes you follow a blog? If I nod my head twice while reading a post or find myself snickering out loud, I add it to my reader. If I don't do that again after 15 or 70 more posts, then I think about deleting it. Usually I just say that I'll delete it later and that is why I have something like 103 different blogs in my reader. Thankfully I seem to gravitate towards bloggers who don't update every single day, so I don't have to have that very stern talk where I tell myself that finishing what I start does not necessarily extend to needing to read everysinglenewpost because it is highlighted in a different color and the world will not stop turning if everything on the page doesn't look the same before I close down my reader every morning. You laugh. If you only knew.

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today? Coffeed. That's a proper verb, right?

Ann's Question: What makes you comment on a blog? If I feel like I can add something to the conversation (and like I have enough time before getting interrupted to actually put what I think I can add into readable form). There are a handful of blogs that I comment on even when I don't have something profound to say because I love those bloggers and I think comments are less likely to result in them taking out restraining orders than following them around and offering to rub their feet every time they step out of their homes.

Amy's Question: What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time? I think I've repressed all memories of free time as a defense mechanism.

Tonya's Question: What is a talent you wished you had? Saying "no" and not feeling guilty about it.

Noelle's Question: If you could go to heaven, who would you see and why? I'm going to pretend like I didn't skip that other question about films and skip this one for realz.

Vickie's Question: Who is your favorite actor? Drew Barrymore. I don't have an explanation for this. I would watch her eat spaghetti for an hour and a half if it were on and had a clever movie-esque title.

Kitten's Question: Other than Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, etc. what are your most frequently visited websites? None with any sort of consistency.

SeptemberMom's Question: What was your favorite subject in school? Favorite as in "I would go back and take that class again (and pay better attention this time)"? LING 130 course at SacState.

Christy's question: As a child/teen how did you envision your adult life? As a world renowned photo-journalist for National Geographic. That cracks me up now, seeing as I can't write/describe anything with fewer than 500 words and, let's face it, my picture-taking skills are crap. Someday I'm going to do something about the latter.

Dan from Art of Panic's Question: How much time do you spend on your average blog post? Hours? Days? Depends on how strongly I want you to agree with everything I say.

Little Ms Blogger's Question: If you could would you want to control the weather? Surprisingly, that's the one kind of randomness I actually like. There's something invigorating about waking up to the question "Do I get to wear my sweater today?".

My Question: What is the one thing you'd like to check off your "bucket list" in the next 5 years? Learn how to use a camera. As in really use one.

Tag:

-Anne (but I don't expect you to do it, what with the babycraziness and all) (unless you follow my advice with the Cannonball, and then I can't wait for your post) (which really should just read "I can't wait for your post.")

-Curiosity (even though I know this isn't really your kind of thing. But if you decide to open up another blog where this kind of stuff fits, here's some fodder for starter...)

-Amy (my first blog-crush, my real-life friend, and one of the main reasons I'm going to figure out that whole camera thing. Also, she makes beautiful babies and is the very definition of the kind of mama I wish I were. If you aren't also in love with her, there's something wrong with you.)

you're it!


.

2 comments:

Lora said...

oops, that said "what WOULD you eat"? my bad

thanks for playing!

You're the best!

susan said...

Lora - Hah! Okay, I don't feel so bad that it wasn't just me. I'm more than a little jealous that what you listed was actually the last meal you had eaten, not just a list of your very favorite foods, though. Especially the too salty baked potato. You're a girl after my own heart!!!

'Twas fun. And thanks again for my new favorite button!