freaked



That's what my innards are doing right now. Especially my stomach. My stomach feels like Slash (ala the 2:52 mark) has taken up residence just to the right of my pyloric sphincter.

Normally at this time on Tuesday afternoon I am realizing that I've pissed* the entire day away and that in less than two hours, I'll be back on Mommy duty. Not today, though. Today, Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 at 2:38pm = I still have at least another 24 hours to go before donning my beck-n-call garb again.

Josh left this morning for a conference in Houston until Friday. Sometime in the next two hours (he's at school now), Aaron will be safely in the hands of his adopted Grandma, doing, well, whatever it is that a boy does on his first sleepover with his favorite adopted Grandma in the whole wide world. At some point tomorrow afternoon we will coordinate returning things to "normal", but until then, well, I don't really know. This is the second time in 4 years that I have spent a night away from Aaron. This is the first time in four years that he will spend the night away from home without Mommy or Daddy to bubble wrap the situation. How much freaking out is normal in this situation? (Not by him. He's totally fine and excited with it all. I'm the one on freak out overload.)


*sorry, PBS daytime programming is on in the background. Blimey if that English accent isn't insidious! My entire brain is buggered and natty. Sounds so much more charming when you say it that way, doesn't it?


.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! Enjoy yourself. Do something you haven't done in four years.