waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Translation: The Nap is dead. Long live the Afternoon Rest*.

Alternately: What the f*ck is Mommy supposed to do when her head starts to feel like it's going to explode and there is no grand, glorious, sparkly, shimmery blessed beacon of peace and quiet in the not too distant future?

Or, In Other Words: How much longer until Kindergarten?

Also: Don't tell me to enjoy this time, it's going to go by so fast and then I will miss it or I will be forced to POKE OUT YOUR EYES WITH A RED-HOT FORK.

And: No, I am not excited that I will have my afternoons free from having to get back home in time for nap. Quite simply: If he's not sleeping, neither can I.

*Hahahahaha a ha ha ha. Let's just not even pretend that there will be uninterrupted moments of quietly reading books in bed as we "rest". Unless the current definition of rest is "jumping madly on the bed until that gets boring and then moving onto jumping from the dresser to the bed and then from the bed back to the dresser ending only with the total loss of parental sh*t and/or a trip to the emergency room".

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

There is a crack in Sam's wall from where he kicks it when he's supposed to be resting. The thing that super sucks here is that Lucy decided to give up napping the same time as Sam. These kids are conspiring to kill us!

Curiosity said...

Geez. I'm having enough trouble working out my own naptime.

Have not yet tried jumping from my bed to my dresser. Perhaps you can ask your son for tips (like all things, I will want to make sure that I am doing this right).

Lora said...

we have quiet time in our house.

"you don't have to go to sleep, but you have to play nicely in your room until ___ o'clock"

It works. Sometimes.