7

I've just received the following email:


Hey sister,
Thought I’d let you know that Daddy’s on his way to the hospital for the 2nd time in 24 hours.  

 

He’s been fighting a bad cold and ear infection for a couple weeks.  They put him on antibiotics (of course) which messes/messed with his stomach so he’s been losing fluids faster than he can take them in.  Last evening he passed out and they called the ambulance to take him to the ER.  They ran all sorts of tests and finally determined that he’s just horribly dehydrated, gave him fluids and sent him home. 

 

Today, he felt no better and just couldn’t get out of bed.  I went to see him at lunch and he finally said he really wanted to brush his teeth, so after I left, Mom said she got him up and let him sit in a rolling chair to brush his teeth but he passed out again.  Soooo she called the ambulance again and they’re on their way back to the ER as I type...


It's hard for me to think of my father on the receiving end of medical treatment.  He was a voluntary EMT for many years in the small town I spent most of my childhood in, so when I think of him and doctors, I always picture them on the same side of the table.  The fixers, not the fixees.  Thís sudden juxtaposition is messing with my head.  If you've got kind thoughts or prayers or vibes or wishes to spare for his quick recovery, it would bring peace to my heart to know that he's got your backing.




***


Wrapping up the rest of the week:


-The car is now proudly sporting two new tires, clean oil, and has been washed and vacuumed twice this week by the dealership.  All the fillable fluids have been topped off, the wearable parts inspected for safe levels of wear, and the fuses all pushed firmly into proper position.  I think we can confidently tick the "fully winterized" box.


-Aaron returned to school today in high spirits and came home with a good report of his day.  His teacher reassured me this morning that he wasn't sent home as a punitive measure and that she was very happy to see him back at school.  He reassured me this afternoon that he was very good all day and that he should probably receive extra DS time as a reward for all that good behaviour.


-The latest script for tomorrow's Event has me (and the other spousal units) moved to stand with the representatives of the various local charities that the refinery sponsors throughout the year. The Royal Visit will conclude in the refinery firehall where these charities will be showcased, so there is now a heightened chance that I will actually be in spitting distance of Will and Kate.  And, yes, before you ask, I know better than to spit in their presence.  More on that story tomorrow...



.



No comments: